Well, it's that time again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it's that time again...

It won't meet with everyone's approval but for me it's time to hibernate them until spring / summer. Sadly didn't get them out as much as I'd have liked this year so fingers crossed for a few more outings next year - celebrating the MC's 20th birthday!

Anyone else a fair weather only owner or am I just about to get shot...?
    Last edited by PJ Westerby; 23-07-2018, 01:28 PM.
    S54 Black / Imola. S50 Titan / Black. And some bits from Stuttgart.

Fair weather owner here too, although this year you'd think the only decent day was when it was due it's service and MOT!

Next year doesn't look I'll have much time to use it either so I will have to celebrate the cars 21st rather than 20th!

Comment

Boo....

I'm out every 6 or so weeks, for an hour or 2 just to stretch it's legs.
      Only if it's dry mind, but it seems to keep it going without any problems.

You can't beat a cold start on an autumn morning for a bit of drama...
      S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

You get dry roads every 6 weeks?? I wish I could say the same, the north of Scotland is great for many things but roads throughout the winter is not one of them.

Comment

Comment

The MC is great in all weathers and was designed to be used, not polished within an inch of it's life.

Drive it all year, life's too short to do otherwise.
            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

I am doing some maintenance on mine but will soon be back in its carcoon

Comment

I dis contemplate selling however have been convinced not to..so its going away for six months !

Comment

I did contemplate selling however have been convinced not to..so its going away for six months !

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                    I dis contemplate selling however have been convinced not to..so its going away for six months !
                    Shame..............!

Any one else on the road?
                    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

I take mine out once a month at least when there's a dry evening (harsh salty winter days aside) - putting away for 6 months sounds like a bad idea to me - my tyres flat spot after just a few weeks as it is!

Comment

Mine gets used all year round, only did less than 2400miles last year, but usually gets a run out at least every other week. Once a month gets a good blast up to Washington on the A1M for the BMWCC meeting (60mile round trip) to blow the cobwebs out.
                        Last edited by petecossie; 25-10-2017, 10:15 PM.
                        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                        1986 M635
                        1985 E28 M5
                        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
                          Shame..............!

Any one else on the road?
                          Yep, and it loves those cool, dry mornings
                          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Ive averaged around 10k miles a year over the last 4 years but it will probably stay in the garage from now until around May. Partly to keep it out of the worst of the winter and partly to allow me to save and gather parts to give things a bit of a refresh over the next year. Bought an S2000 for daily duties now and hopefully some track days.

Comment

Mine is getting painted so will probably use is sparingly through winter

Comment

Working...
                              X