Z3M coupe vs E30 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z3M coupe vs E30 M3

I currently own a ZM but have owned an E30 M3 and selling it was possibly the worst decision ever. It beats the ZM in the most departments.

1. The chassis and steering give more feel and feedback. The car really talks to you.
    2. The M3 doesn't feel larger than it is. The ZM seems to.
    3. The seating/pedal position is better. (where do you put your left foot in a ZM ?)
    4. Although the M3 lacks the ZM's power the M3's combination of shorter gearing coupled to that S14 engine (that is just absolutely awesome) makes the M3 'a more exciting drive'.

The only area the ZM wins over the E30 M3 is over straights.

There is nothing negative I can say with regard to the E30 M3. It's near perfect if you are looking for a drivers car that will put a smile on your face every time you fire it up - the E30 M3 is the one.

And just a quick word to those E36 M3 owners. I owned an 1996 evo for a while and I can put hand on heart and tell you that it is no match for the E30.

I would exchange my ZM coupe for another excellent example of an E30 M3 if there are any decent examples left....again awesome

wibble, wibble, wibble Boring saloon no character, driven by cheap suited estate agents, not one for the ladies, does she like pictures, nudge nudge wink wink so no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Also have Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Mk IV UK Car

Previously Z3M s50 coupe silver black leather, HIDS, schnitzer pedals, cruise control....2 replacement engines, vanos exploded and engine flooded and written off...

Comment

At least its not another advert

Joe you dont like your Z3M ... why dont you spend money on making it better ?

Comment

And the point of your post is what exactly?
        Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
        In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

I think the E30 M3 looks great. Just remember. Have a look at where some of the parts for the Z3M come from. Yep the good old E30.
          Changing the ZM Diff for an E30 M3 part is a great performance enhancing conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Broccers View Post
            At least its not another advert

Joe you dont like your Z3M ... why dont you spend money on making it better ?
            I do love my ZM and it's a great car, but I'm just being honest. It's not as good a drivers car as the E30 M3.

Comment

Sell your coupe and you will have plenty of money to spend at specsavers and buy strawberry preserve to fill up your existing jam jars.

Pointless thread of the week award
              Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Previously Z3M s50 coupe silver black leather, HIDS, schnitzer pedals, cruise control....2 replacement engines, vanos exploded and engine flooded and written off...

Comment

Originally posted by Joezm View Post
                I do love my ZM and it's a great car, but I'm just being honest. It's not as good a drivers car as the E30 M3.

If you write a better ad perhaps it will sell quicker?

Comment

Hello all you Anchor fans at AnchorButter.com,

I just wanted to say how much better my Lurpak butter is than your Anchor butter. In fact, Lurpak butter is way way better than Anchor butter. In fact, it is better in every respect. So there, see I told you! In fact I can almost guarentee that Lurpak is superior in every respect; spreadability, colour, density, phosporous content, and specific gravity.

In fact, you Anchor butter fans might like your Anchor butter, but we Lurpak butter fans just know we are better than you, and just love to log onto Anchorbutter.com to gloat at your happy community of happy content Anchor enthusiasts, and write picky meaningless posts that do nothing except invite pity.

Yours sincerely, One Sad Lurpak-Loving Twat with no mates, debatable social skills, and an inward looking pysche that prevents me from being truly happy. Ever.

Comment

Are you trying to butter him up
                    Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Comment

bmmmmm - tschhh !!!!

Comment

Comment

Yes, the e30 m3 is a good car, granted. I owned one for a couple of years.

However, it has many things against it relative to the Z3M.

1) Its older - more problems
                          2) Rust - most e30 m3's have rust issues
                          3) Straight line speed - the e30 m3 is very much lacking, the Z3M can give some 911's a run for their money
                          4) Looks - Z3M Looks a lot more like a sports car, the e30 m3 although looks hard,but its looks are so dated it hurts. The Z3M still looks fresh
                          5) LHD - I used to own an e30 m3 and the LHD was fine but sometimes impractical. At least the Z3M comes in RHD
                          6) The Z3M turns heads, the e30 m3 does not.

Hows that?
                          Last edited by Rags; 25-02-2008, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wfarrell View Post
                            Hello all you Anchor fans at AnchorButter.com,

I just wanted to say how much better my Lurpak butter is than your Anchor butter. In fact, Lurpak butter is way way better than Anchor butter. In fact, it is better in every respect. So there, see I told you! In fact I can almost guarentee that Lurpak is superior in every respect; spreadability, colour, density, phosporous content, and specific gravity.

In fact, you Anchor butter fans might like your Anchor butter, but we Lurpak butter fans just know we are better than you, and just love to log onto Anchorbutter.com to gloat at your happy community of happy content Anchor enthusiasts, and write picky meaningless posts that do nothing except invite pity.

Yours sincerely, One Sad Lurpak-Loving Twat with no mates, debatable social skills, and an inward looking pysche that prevents me from being truly happy. Ever.
                            what the flying fuck is this post?

Comment

Lurpak the new lube for your coupe use on an inspection 1 service and you won't believe it butter

disclaimer;
                              no coupes were harmed in the production of this advive
                              Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Comment

Working...
                              X