No announcement yet.

My First Z3M Coupe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John if you get really stuck let me know as I have loads of usable second hand parts like PAS cooler rubbers and bumper bolts in the garage (I think)

Comment

• Pretty sure I’ve got some of those PAS loop mounting rubbers left over from my front end refurb. Just shout up if you want them
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

• Cheer both, but happy to use the mini ones from the 90s, ironically the current ones can be found on the latest BMW Minis so some synergy there.

I don't think they need to be genuine ones? if so I still need 2 lol.

j.
        2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
          bumper bolts in the garage (I think)
          I am stuck for the bumper bolts and will use old ones if I have too, but if you have a straight-set, I'd be interested please ;0)

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnysideways View Post
            I am stuck for the bumper bolts and will use old ones if I have too, but if you have a straight-set, I'd be interested please ;0)
            I have a pair of what look like nearly new bumper bolts also have one decent PAS cooler rubber mount, I will weigh the parts and let you know the price by pm

Comment

• Funds sent cheers ;0)

Comment

• After looking over the detailed pics on Ians blog (thanks to Dave and Ian)

So not sure why I didn't notice or realise, but as well as the missing oil duct and cooler piece, I don't have the radiator sides, explains why the temp sensor was dangling around when I took the bumper off. The slapdash way that this car has been put back together in the past is starting to annoy me...

These are not there..... (stole for Ian's blog sorry)

Comment

• Those are both driver’s side guides - I damaged the one on the left in the picture when I removed it. Replaced it with the one on the right and drilled a hole in it for temp sensor as it was £100 cheaper. Another victim of BMW’s bizarre pricing policy.
                  1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

• I know lol, but you get the idea, I'm missing left and right, I didn't have any to photo pmsl.

Comment

• More parts

Thanks to the internet and Dave as always, more parts arrived. So jobs can continue this weekend.

My bumper shocks arrived too.

Flicked some satin black over them too.

And my better than old fuse cover.

On to bumper alignment.

Comment

• So I fitted my new bumper mounts and offered up the bumper bar and new bolts from Dave. And the bumper is not level to the bonnet, and no matter how I mess with it, I can't get the gap good enough that when the cover is back o it does not hit the bonnet edge.

It's about 1.5 cms to high on the right ?? Any advice on what to try? (RESOLVED)

EDIT: For the people doing this job, don't fit the passenger side bumper shock upside down or it throws your bumper gaps off but about 1.5 cm (laughing at self right now)
                        Last edited by Jonnysideways; 23-04-2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Is there any difference between the plastic adjusters on the new bumper shocks (they look pretty even in the picture) ?

Comment

• Hi, no they are even like you said, and when I popped the old ones back on, its still not tight either go figure.

I'm aware you can move the centre shaft to gain some difference, but they are as good as flat to the metal edge.

Only thing I can try is slotting the bumper mounts to give some more flexibility. I don't think the bonnets wrong, as it was ok before, and all other gaps are about right.

Other than the fact it needed to be shifted to the right a bit, which is why I started the job it was ok.

Last edited by Jonnysideways; 22-04-2020, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Have you still got your adjustment kit?

Comment

• Helps when you are not rushing and you don't fit the passenger side mount upside down.

Just need 10 mins peace and quiet to look at it, and realised. PMSL Cheers. Just need to sort the left and right now, and yes I'll use my adjustment kit vol 2. i.e. lump hummer now.

Comment

Working...
                                X