Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MC Sales figures in the UK. Rarer than you think!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyingsaucer
    Very interesting read Greenbat. I presume the hike between '98 and '99 was due to the price drop and Top Gear drivers car of the year awards increasing interest but does anyone have any suggestions as to why the big drop from '00 to'01?
    E46 M3 came out around that time didn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingsaucer
      Very interesting read Greenbat. I presume the hike between '98 and '99 was due to the price drop and Top Gear drivers car of the year awards increasing interest but does anyone have any suggestions as to why the big drop from '00 to'01?
      Production was discontinued in year 00 for more than 6 months and production started again in february 01. That might have something to do with the big drop.
      S50 - '99 Estoril/Estoril-Black
      Mods - KW 3 Coilovers, H&R ARBs, Raid steering wheel, Wiechers Sport half-rollcage & strut brace, Simota CAI, Powerflex front and beam bushes, Beyern Mesh 18".

Comment

Originally posted by brady
        if you go to www.carzone.ie, there is one for sale but its on uk plates but ive never seen another one in ireland, the car literally stops traffic over here!
        Imola Red as well. No price mentioned though...
        CLK55 AMG Cabriolet

ex Estoril Blue Z3M Coupe

Comment

Brady,
          In Ireland, I owned the black MC for a while. Are you the guy with the 99 D silver MC down in mondello? I spoke to a few BMW dealers on numbers and they said that they believe only 5~6 MC's were originally registered in Ireland (I've seen at least 3 Dublin registered MC's). I then know of a few more which were imported in from the UK (including the one in carzone). I spoke to this guy and it sounds like a good one, but he said he wants 29,000 euro! for the car. Might explain why its been there a while.
          Ex - 99 Cosmos Black M Coupe, Blk/Grey interior, Sunroof;
          06 Z4 Coupe 3.0i Sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Breadvan Matt
            I spoke to this guy and it sounds like a good one, but he said he wants 29,000 euro! for the car. Might explain why its been there a while.
            Hmmm, £19,800 of our GBP...I don't think it has any further interest for me, especially with 58k on the clock.
            CLK55 AMG Cabriolet

Comment

Brett,
              The 29,000 euro stands for switching the car to Irish number plates. If I remember, he was looking for 16,000 sterling which equates to about 24,500 euros. To get the car registered in Ireland, you need to pay a extra tax called VRT which adds about 5,000 euros to the price (= 29,000 euros). :cry:

You can buy it for the £16,000 obviously. Might explain why there is so little MC's in this country.

He told me he went to the UK to find a mint MC. He test drove 6 MC's before he found this one. He hasn't had it long (6 months I think).
              Ex - 99 Cosmos Black M Coupe, Blk/Grey interior, Sunroof;
              06 Z4 Coupe 3.0i Sport.

Comment

I now feel even more privileged to be driving one !!
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

the e46 M3 never came out till a Y reg, thats sept 01

Comment

Originally posted by B3N
                    the e46 M3 never came out till a Y reg, thats sept 01
                    there was a couple of x plates! I did not think so either untill I saw one!
                    Ex 'V3RY M - MCoupe track monster'
                    New toys

Porsche widebody project

Cayenne Diesel

Comment

thinking about it X did role into 01

Comment

I think even if it was mid-2001 I think this would have meant people would have been aware of it's release (probably been in motoring press for about a year before it did) so maybe buyers would have held off 'till its release?

Comment

Originally posted by c_w
                          I think even if it was mid-2001 I think this would have meant people would have been aware of it's release (probably been in motoring press for about a year before it did) so maybe buyers would have held off 'till its release?
                          M3 had four seats? Might have swayed family men/women I guess.
                          CLK55 AMG Cabriolet

Comment

and fat businessmen!

unless the M3 is in Phoenix, seca or estoril it looks to much like a 3 series sport!
                            but i guess some people dont like being looked at!

Comment

Originally posted by B3N
                              and fat businessmen!

unless the M3 is in Phoenix, seca or estoril it looks to much like a 3 series sport!
                              but i guess some people dont like being looked at!
                              Yea but I always think that dark silver/grey M3s are CSLs at a glance

Comment

I don't suppose there is a way of finding out how many of these have been written off or exported. Just curious as to how few are actually left in the UK.
                                CLK55 AMG Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
                                X