Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine bay paint?

Hi folks,

Thanks for the help so far in answering previous queries.
    I started looking around the engine bay to familiarize myself (found the boot alarm sensor and tried to clean it up/protect it but think the unit needs to be replaced if the neighbourhood isn't to be woken at 3am every morning)

What I've spotted are some starting points of rust on the surface of some of the paintwork within the engine bay.

I've liberally coated in Vaseline to try and protect a little and picked up some Kurust (sp?) from Halfrauds to treat it before it sets in. However this advises to paint/overcoat asap. Any idea where to get paint to match the light blue-grey OEM coat my S50 has?

Cheers
    ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
    now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

paint

Hi mate,what colour is your car? Give me the colour or colour code and i,ll give you the interior primer option and code
    Damien

Comment

Thanks Damien - that's much appreciated. I've got a Titanium silver S50.
      Cheers
      ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
      now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

It's very common around the welds and joins as the paint isn't very think or well protected.

Comment

engine bay paint

Hi mate the colour your after is TITANSILBER 2.4 MATT. The code is YF03,Its a dirty white even though is says silver,your best bet is to pop into a bodyshop and ask them to mix you up a tenth,won't cost much. If they mix you up waterbase which most bodyshops have to use now you will have to brush or spray some laquer over the base to seal it,otherwise it will wash off with moisture,if they are still using solvent then you have no problem,and the solvent will stay matt to match the rest!! lovely! you can buy matt laquer to use with the waterbase or just use an aerosol laquer with a heat gun or hairdryer to send the laquer matt. Job done happy painting!!!

Comment

Nice one Damien - thanks again for the help with the info

Comment

Originally posted by damien View Post
              you can buy matt laquer to use with the waterbase or just use an aerosol laquer with a heat gun or hairdryer to send the laquer matt. Job done happy painting!!!
              neat trick ill use that on the bike
              [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Not sure if Damien still uses the site but if you read this do you know the engine bay paint code for Estoril blue cars?

Comment

Working...
                X