WTD: Outer sills and drivers side front side panel M coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTD: Outer sills and drivers side front side panel M coupe

Hi guys, pretty new here having just taken on the M coupe, currently being taken to pieces for a full respray in the bodyshop,and currently looking very good under the skin no real nasty surprises!

I could however do with a couple of bits, mine may be salvageable but I'd rather go the whole hog as I'm going this far.

- Outer Sill - drivers side mainly but may take both if offered.

- Drivers side front side panel.

If anybody has any of these, either new or in very good condition please give me a shout on here or on my mobile, any colour is fine.

Thanks

Ben

You have a PM.

Comment

parts wanted

Originally posted by benny-g View Post
      Hi guys, pretty new here having just taken on the M coupe, currently being taken to pieces for a full respray in the bodyshop,and currently looking very good under the skin no real nasty surprises!

I could however do with a couple of bits, mine may be salvageable but I'd rather go the whole hog as I'm going this far.

- Outer Sill - drivers side mainly but may take both if offered.

- Drivers side front side panel.

If anybody has any of these, either new or in very good condition please give me a shout on here or on my mobile, any colour is fine.

Thanks

Ben
      Good luck with the sills I tried for months to find any decent ones second-hand, bought new in the end.
      Re the side panel, I also bought new from Euro parts, £38.00.

Stoney

Comment

Yeah, I'd recommend buying new also.
        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Did everyone go to the stealers for the new sills, I can't find any pattern/aftermarket items, what sort of price did people pay for them?

Thanks

Comment

Yeah, the bodyshop I used bought them in from the dealers. They were sub £100 per side at the time, but that was back in 2011. A good chunk more now I suspect judging by the way parts prices just keep heading on up
            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Just bumped my original listing for a brand new one of these. Read the description though!
              Search my posts if not showing in recent posts or for sale section.

Comment

I haggled my local Stealer and the sil came about a 140£ per side!

Comment

Phoned the dealer,started at 189 each and got them to 303 for the pair. This gentle restoration is getting very expensive very quickly!

Comment

'imolacoupe22' thanks for the offer but i think that repair is a bit beyond me, i'd rather bite the bullit and have it perfect.

Comment

sills

Originally posted by benny-g View Post
                      Did everyone go to the stealers for the new sills, I can't find any pattern/aftermarket items, what sort of price did people pay for them?

Thanks
                      No after market sills available as far as I'm aware, I paid £136.00 each for mine.

Stoney

Comment

As far as I'm aware, all the panels you mention are the same as any Z3...

I bought s/h Z3 front side panels and new sill panels. Not particularly expensive compared with other cars.

Comment

sills

Originally posted by rsk289 View Post
                          As far as I'm aware, all the panels you mention are the same as any Z3...

I bought s/h Z3 front side panels and new sill panels. Not particularly expensive compared with other cars.
                          I would double check on these as there are wide body which the M coupe is and the regular sills.

Stoney

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Working...
                            X