Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff mount/boot floor cracking

Hi all

Still looking for the MC. Been reading a lot on bimmerforums.com, and a big issue with Zs and more so with those with an M badge is this diff mount cracking problem. Hoe many people have suffered from this and what has been the fix? Have BMWUK paid if car is out of warranty? etc.etc. ANyone fitted two eared diff cover from M3?

I had this....

BMW fixed it very quicly and really well free of charge and Igot a courtesy car!

Comment

The actual bracket on mine snapped - not read about too many who suffered that problem. BM goodwill helped a bit.

Before
      http://www.z3mcoupe.com/photopost/sh...cat=all&page=1

After

Comment

Mine wasn't - expired 3 weeks previously - however this is one reason I'll be keeping it a full BMW service history (plus theres no indy round these parts)

Comment

I had that problem but got a garage to take out the subframe and re-weld it back up and other potential problems. The spot wels won't hold up so I had the lot seam welded. Not quite like Randy's in bimmerfest but enough such that it should not happen hopefully

Comment

My boot floor failed big time (diff dropped right down and left a gaping hole in the floor), BMW fixed it all under goodwill, inc. courtesy car. Did a top job and I didn't have to fight to get it done.

Car was 8 years old and years out of warranty.

Comment

Yes I forced BMW to seam weld it and prove it was seam welded before I let them put it all back together should last forever now,.... famous last words gulp!

Oh and it wasnt under warranty all good will from local stealer

Comment

After changing my blown shocks today it turns out that my boot floor has also failed at the top roll bar mount and the diff mount is cracked too. I don't have any warranty, but the car has been serviced by BMW although it hasn't been registered with BMW in my name as yet. How did you guys go about getting it done FOC by BMW, did you ring your local dealer directly or did you ring the general UK service centre first? I just need to try and work out my best approach to getting the job done properly for minimal cost. Sounds to me like it is a major design flaw, as my car is completely original so shouldn't have been over stressed.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X