Centre console cover replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centre console cover replacement

Just received an estimate for this to be done - it's the horizontal bit around the gear lever. Part is £145.52 (inc vat) and £67.50 labour (inc vat).

Has anybody done this/had it done, if so are the estimated costs reasonable?

Thanks,
    Ian
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Is it the part which holds the switches?

http://www.etk.cc/bmw/EN/search/sele...CE/51/51_2386/

Comment

Yep, that's it Dave, thanks
      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

You need to remove the console when changing that part so the labour charge looks cheap if anything?

Comment

I have just spent over £2K with them replacing steering rack, discs etc - maybe they took pity on me!!

Have asked them to order parts, seemingly 5/10 days back order.

Comment

Do they come colour coded?

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Yes, the colour is a plastic type coating so all the interior plastics are different parts for each colour.

I'm assuming Ian's gear surround is black? I'm surprised it is so expensive as I'm sure it's standard Z3 part (unlike the vertical part when the gauges go).

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                Yes, the colour is a plastic type coating so all the interior plastics are different parts for each colour.

I'm assuming Ian's gear surround is black? I'm surprised it is so expensive as I'm sure it's standard Z3 part (unlike the vertical part when the gauges go).
                Different shaped gear lever recess for the ///m. BMW are likely applying the ///m premium!!
                1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Yep, i'm all black.

Hadn't really noticed before but the piece has an almost rubber texture to it - this has slightly delaminated. Had considered recovering existing in leather but switch fit is very tight and holes would need to be made (slightly) bigger. Not keen on this so staying oem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
                    Different shaped gear lever recess for the ///m. BMW are likely applying the ///m premium!!
                    Ah I see!

Comment

These normally break around the aircon switch with the plastic being so thin in that area

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                        These normally break around the aircon switch with the plastic being so thin in that area
                        Mine has! Not too noticeable I find

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Working...
                        X