New listing damaged coupe Copart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New listing damaged coupe Copart

Spotted this earlier been a long while since once popped up on Copart, hopefully the owner / driver was ok! Interested to see what it makes!

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/61430379

ouch,

Comment

Comment

Wasn't this one for sale earlier this year?
        Last edited by Dave P; 16-02-2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20333

Comment

I did think the plate looked familiar iirc that car was on sale for quite a while and was pretty clean

Comment

That’s a big bang for the air bag not to go off.
              S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

ouch

That looks nasty, looks like a lot of damage, is that enough to write this off or would this be repairable? Not looking to buy it, just curious, seems the energy transferred from the impact hasnt made it to the cabin, but the front looks like a huge mess!! Other than that the car looks very clean underneath and body.

Wonder if the driver was going in a straight line when the impact happened or spinning wildly??? they are tail happy!! Mine keeps trying to swap ends this weather, good fun until............

Comment

sheesh! oh dear!

I recognised the plate, that was on my shortlist mid last year when I first started looking for a car. Shame, it had a re-spray and quite a lot of work I seem to recall.

Comment

Looks like it may have gone under the back end of a truck to cause the big crease in the bonnet which hopefully may have limited major structural damage. Be interesting to see what happens to it.
                    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                    1986 M635
                    1985 E28 M5
                    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I wonder how much damage there actually is as its difficult to tell from the pictures if there is any floor or roof damage, Subframe and front of engine may also have been hit?.

Comment

its not going to polish out

That is not going to polish out. I certainly would be worried that there was structural damage even though the cabin looks ok. I crashed a MK1 golf GTI many moons ago coming off a roundabout at night and the back end overtook me!! tried to catch it and went sideways into a lamp post. I was lucky it hit driverside front wheel but the impact shunted the entire body towards the lamp post. The only usable panel was the boot!!

This doesnt look that bad but am sure there could be a lot of potential for bent important bits of metal. Saw the Gas Monkey guys fix that f40 if anyone watches the show and after jigging the frame one of the 4 engine mounts was still out and had to be cut off and moved. Not great, and not sure I would pay over $1million for it, even if i had the cash.

Comment

If they are asking £12k for it then they must think its repairable

Comment

Not looked too closely at the pictures but it must be worth 12k in spares surely? Someone buy it, I’ll take the lower centre console that houses the temperature gauges (small crack on mine)

Comment

Edd

Edd wants just over 13k for one thats not been mangled ? Is it the insurance that are selling it?

Comment

Working...
                              X